sponsored ads

Monday, May 9, 2016

Successfully Completed my 5year Term of Member Women in District Consumer Forum,Bargarh Odisha

On 5th May I completed my 5 year term as Member Women in District Consumer Forum Bargarh, Odisha and ended a  period full of highs and lows, created history changing the role,scope, model,actions and perspective available for women members of consumer forums so a ripple been created and member women now atleast starting to behave as a member not acting as a rubber stamp to approve decisions made somewhere else or now at least some people will show courage to show their choices if impressed upon the work done by me.
I feel contented that I got the opportunity to work in a different environment and certainly initiated some changes though not total to the scenerio.I did a little bit to promote consumer awareness presenting what there exactly is in the consumer protection act 1986 to protect consumer rights for indian citizens and people doing business in India.
I have gathered more than 100 orders to my account presented by me and passed by the forum which is an alltime record I think as I entered the scene when member women are just pushed as rubber stamps some forceably and many just as their wish not to be involved in judicial processes and being happy collecting the pay given for sanctioning the orders just signing them without questions.

Participated in promotional programs initiated by the government to promote the consumer laws in the state in remote areas. Interacted with learned advocates in this period and the outcome is devastating as I see many many flaws that has to be removed if consumer rights are to be guaranteed and the top most is time consumption in disposing and handling matters at consumer forums.
I was in charge  President of the forum for 10 months and looked into all the works involved adding to my original responsibility adding my experiences further.
I am happy to see that collectively our team could have created such environment that people participated in the proceedings without help of Advocates and got disposals accordingly.
what next?

I will renew my advocates license if no employment is offered to me which I can decide to take and would start writing a book on my experiences to enlighten others if possible with fresh memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sponsors ads